800-767-4965Our mission is to enable people to live with dignity and hope while coping with loss and terminal illness.
The purpose of Advance Directives is to allow you to make your wishes known when you are unable to voice them yourself. Forms are available upon request. Give a copy of the completed Advance Directives to your care team, as well as your doctor.
Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care Decisions (DPOA-HC)
· Allows you to designate another person to make medical decisions for you.
· This person makes medical decisions on your behalf only when you are unable to do so.
· You can specify your wishes regarding medical care in writing.
· The DPOA-HC does not cover legal and/or financial matters.
Do Not Resuscitate (DNR)
· A DNR order means a person dies a natural death. They will still receive optimal comfort care.
· A DNR order is not required to begin care.
· If you do not want resuscitation started, ask your doctor to write a DNR order to keep in your home.
· Takes effect when a person is unable to make decisions regarding health care.
· Applies only to questions of treatment related to a terminal condition.