Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice is committed to assisting people in finding healing, growth and renewed hope for living following the death of a loved one. Our Bereavement Services extend for a period of fourteen months. During this time the following services may be available to you:
- The Rising Sun, our monthly newsletter, with helpful and inspirational articles on grief and coping skills
- Individual and family grief counseling
- Periodic supportive phone calls by a trained volunteer Grief Companion
- Companions in Grief, monthly adult support groups that provide information, fellowship and opportunities for sharing
- Seasons of the Heart, a series of four weekly sessions that offer information about common grief reactions and healthy coping skills.
- Coping with the Holidays, an informative class given before or during the winter holidays.
- Memorial Services, celebrations of life, in honor of loved ones who have died.
If you live at a distance from us we will be glad to put you on our Rising Sun newsletter and make a referral to a hospice bereavement program in your area.
To learn more about our bereavement program or educational opportunities, please call us at 800-767-4965.
“This gives me hope for tomorrow” – Caregiver