The hospice benefit is available to anyone with a life expectancy of six months or less if the terminal illness or disease runs its normal course. There are many situations when hospice is appropriate.
The following are some of the signs that indicate that you or your loved one may be appropriate for hospice:
- Your doctor has told you that you have a terminal illness.
- Difficulty in recovering from a recent illness.
- Needing more help with bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, walking or eating.
- Frequent visits to the hospital or emergency room in the past six months.
- Feeling weak and frequently tired.
- Starting to take medication to lessen physical pain.
- Significant weight loss.
Hospice can improve quality of life for as long as life remains. Partnering with your personal physician allows Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice to determine what hospice services are available to you.
Coverage for hospice care is provided by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance. Hospice care includes home visits and all related medications, supplies, and equipment for easing pain and providing comfort. No one will be turned away because of inability to pay. It is our mission to provide hospice care to you regardless of your financial situation.
There is no cost and calling does not commit you or your loved one to hospice care. The best way to determine if you or your loved one could benefit from services offered by Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice is to call us at 800-767-4965.