Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice offers a wide variety of presentations to educate and support our community. It is our mission to reach not only those who suffer from a life-limiting illness, but also to support the people who care for them. Our team members have extensive expertise, and are available to provide talks and workshops free of charge.
At Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice, we welcome the opportunity to provide these educational discussions. We are happy to provide a speaker for church meetings or gatherings, men’s and women’s clubs, senior community centers, and other group functions. Our speakers are prepared to present to groups with various levels of knowledge and interest.
Topics of education our staff is ready to present:
- Hospice 101: Basics and Benefits
- Hospice Criteria and Admission
- Advance Directives and Healthcare Decision Making
- Medical Care: When Is Enough, Enough?
- Pain and Suffering: What is the Difference?
- Q & A: Feeding Tubes
- Maintaining Sanity While Being A Caregiver
- Grief and Loss
- How to be Helpful when a Friend is Grieving
- Talking with Children about Death