Bereavement is the time that follows the loss of a loved one. Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice offers professional services to provide comfort and facilitate growth as one adjusts to life after a loss. The primary focus of Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice bereavement program is to assist individuals:
- Examine normal reactions to grief
- Identify and express feelings associated with the loss of a loved one
- Facilitate one’s ability to live without the deceased
- Provide emotional and counseling support
- Transform the pain of loss into a renewed hope for living
We offer special services to help you cope with a terminal diagnosis. These programs include individual and family counseling, grief education, monthly adult support groups, child support groups, seminars, and memorial and holiday services. These services are offered not only to the patients we serve, but their family, loved ones and anyone else coping with a terminal diagnosis. Bereavement services are included in the hospice benefit.
If you think you might benefit from a counseling session with one of our trained social workers or would like to learn more about our numerous support groups, please call us at 800-767-4965.
Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice’s Bereavement Program is partially funded by United Way.